Wow, what a great time to be reminded of how thankful we can be for a sovereign God. So blessed are His people to have the knowledge of his ever-present love. Situations change everyday. People in our lives will come and go...never ceasing to fail us and yet He remains the same. He is always there. He is always ready to take up and hold his children in the warmest embrace and bestow His beautiful selfless love in the most gracious of ways.
I don't remember much as a little kid except through pictures, but I will never forget the feeling of seeing my dad after he got home from a long day at work. Wildly, as though I had not seen him in years I would run up to him screaming, "DADDY!" and jump into his strong open arms. He was always happy to see me. He would always excitedly respond, "Hi bud!" He never failed me. Everything was better with a dad hug. In his embrace I was safe. I had not a care in the world. Whatever happened that day didn't matter anymore cause dad was home and he would fix all the problems. He would take care of me. He would spend time with me. He would encourage me and make me laugh. The day was better. The world was brighter because I knew my daddy loved me and no one and nothing could ever change that.
There are very few things quite like a dad hug. To this day, it is something I most look forward to when coming home from college. This 20 year old adult instantly melts into a 3 year old little tomboy from one big dad hug. Sure, there may be less jumping and screaming involved, but my heart is just as happy, just as comforted as that 3 year old little girl's. Yes, I have been blessed with an awesome awesome man in my life for the past 20 years and am so extremely grateful for his presence and influence in my life. I do not take it for granted. It makes me sad to think of all of those who have not grown up in the same way or were maybe not as fortunate to have such a relationship. It's so unfair and I wish I could just share my dad's love with those who never received it from their fathers. Imagine for one second that kind of love.
Imagine that kind of love.
It is so difficult for me to come to terms with the fact that someone could love me more than my parents. Can you even fathom how much greater God's love is for us? How much more He desires for us to rely on Him? How powerful and constant He is? We get to call this man dad. That's crazy! We get to run to Him and rest in His sweet and beautiful peace. We are able to lay all of our troubles and burdens at the foot of His cross and be comforted in the fact that our Daddy is taking care of us...that we are safe because we are HIS. I am absolutely flabbergasted each day by the provision the Lord provides. He knows what He's doing and He doesn't ever miss a detail. We have nothing to worry about in this lifetime because the control belongs to our Heavenly Father who loves and cares for us more than we will ever know.
Mmmm thank you Jesus.
"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love." 1 John 4:7-8
No comments:
Post a Comment