Sunday, November 18, 2012

All About Perspective

 I went to a play. I was sitting next to an older couple. They were very cute and enjoying themselves greatly. It came to a point in one of the acts where a young married couple was fighting over every little thing. The scene was tense and sad. The actors played their parts very well. My heart grieved for both characters because of how much one didn't understand the others point of view. While all of this was running through my mind, I heard laughter coming from right beside me. In the middle of the arguments the couple was having on stage, the people next to me were.......laughing?
I then realized that this was a scene that was all too familiar to them. They laughed because they had seen this time in their own lives. They could relate to the characters and look back on their own petty little arguments and laugh because they realized how insignificant it would all turn out to be. It gave me such hope. 
They get it. They've been there. 
Life's not about the everyday quarrels. It's not about the good or bad times. It's not about getting your way. It's about learning, working, enjoying and suffering through life together. It's about getting to know that one person on such a deep level that you become one with them. The two become a whole.
 As the couple sat there laughing out of only a few others in the entire audience, I couldn't help but smile. I couldn't help but wish for such a relationship so full of love life and laughter. I can't wait to struggle through life with someone who cares enough to stick it out laughing for the rest of the time we may spend together on this earth.
Hopeful. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment